The work that I did in today’s session was to create a net made from paper that was used to create a 3D box, this box was a real life recreation of the 3D computer box that I created earlier today. All of this is primary research because I created it off my own knowledge and I experimented with what I did in order to get the final product of this box.
The purpose of the task was to create a real life 3D images as a reference to the one that I created on the computer. Creating the illusion of 3D was a difficult task to do, this is mainly because I had to create a net graph that would enable me to fold it in a certain way to create the box, getting the right place of the tags was hard to do because if I didn’t line up properly then the box will fall apart.
Before all of the creation of this box i first had to do some research on objects that are within games that can or are created by the use of boxes, after I found a box that is within a game I then want on to 3Ds max to create one of my own that was based off of my research.
I started with the initial creation by making a standard box and then slowly editing the size so that it can be the correct size to what it would be if it was a real life object, after the scale of the object was to the proper size, I then added textures and made it as close to the original object as possible.
After creating the moddle I then drew on to paper the out lines of my box that I created on the computer and I made it as accurate as I could make it as a realistic scale. After drawing the outlines of the box (Net) to nearly the exact measurements to my 3D model, I then added tabs on specific sides of the boxes and rectangles so that they can be folded and stuck together with ease and they will act as a link between the two or more sides.
To make the box look more realist and more like the one that I created on the computer I added textures and details to render the image to be as accurate and as similar as I could to my 3D computer generated model.After all of the textures were added I then attempted to glue it together but this didn’t work, as I glued one part the tension and other pulling forces pulled the two pieces apart again so I then moved on to tape which did keep them together and that allowed me to finish to rest of the box.
When it was created I did find a few flaws to do with my work i found out that the size of the boxes were off so not all of the edges fit according to plan, next time i will make sure that the lines line up specifically and that when I cut it, it’s exactly align.